Q: Car shakes when I press accelerator

My car has been in need of tune up for about 2 weeks now was getting ready to do it but as of the past week every time I step on the accelerator my car shakes and it doesn't always happen butt sometimes it'll run fine and others it'll Shake really badly and as soon as I take my foot off the gas it goes away but when I step back on it comes back

A: This may be a sign of a failing throttle po...

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your throttle control system.