Q: Alternator problem, the wipper stops as soon as you take it to the highest,cracking sound in the morning that stop after cluching

asked by on September 30, 2016

my car is Toyota Carina e alternator not-working after every two weeks , the wiper stops as soon as you take it to the highest, cracking sound every morning but stops after clutching the economy indicator is constantly on orange.

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that the vehicle is experiencing more than one issue.

The first thing I would address is the alternator, as a faulty alternator can leave the vehicle stranded if the battery dies. I would have it tested to see if it needs to be replaced.

In regards to the wiper motor noise, it may be possible that the wiper motor or arm linkage have encountered an issue and need to be replaced.

The economy light is supposed to come on when engine vacuum is high, whenever the throttle is low. It is meant to signal you that you are accelerating at a rate of speed that is economical.

I would start by addressing the alternator, and then moving on to the other issues. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come service your alternator and address the other issues that persist. Best of luck.