Q: Engine power loss and odor from the exhaust

Several days ago, my car began to develop some problems with engine. The engine is losing power significantly. The dash in the car has been showing the check engine light illuminated as well. Yesterday, there was also odor coming from the exhaust. What might be causing these problems?

Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by a wide variety of issues. It may be possible that the vehicle has suffered a component failure, perhaps at the fuel or ignition systems, which is setting off the light and causing performance issues. I would recommend having the computer scanned for trouble codes to determine the correct course of action to take.