Q: Carburetor issues

asked by on February 19, 2016

I believe I am having carburetor issues, a vacuum leak or something along that line. I could have bad gas also. The truck starts and idles roughly, but when I apply gas, it dies. I have changed the fuel filter on the front of the carburetor and sprayed carb cleaner into the carburetor. I have also tried HEAT additive and Seafoam. I am also trying to get it through DEQ emissions testing.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Too many intake cleaning solutions at one time often cause more harm than good. The carburetor fueling may be the problem where the engine gets plenty of air, but too little fuel and stalls. I recommend having an experienced technician inspect the carburetor operation and ignition system function. They will be able to look over your vehicle, diagnose your vehicle’s rough idle, and perform the repairs necessary to have your car running like it should.