Q: Knocking sound at the front end

I can hear a knocking sound at the front end of my car. It sounds as if something is loose in there. The car has gone 14,000 miles. The sound is most apparent while driving over bumps on the road, while driving at low speeds as well as while making turns in the driveway at moderate speeds. The sound can be heard if I move the steering wheel left to right also at lower speeds.The mechanic said there is no problem and couldn't even hear it. What could be the cause of this knocking sound? How can I fix it?

The first thing is to duplicate the problem with a mechanic because they cannot fix what they cannot hear. Most mechanics want to verify a problem, so they can see if the problem is fixable. The noise is most likely coming from the lower control arms of the suspension or the struts. Only a thorough inspection and verification can find and solve these problem. I recommend having a mechanic drive it with you to duplicate the problem and then have an experienced mechanic inspect and diagnose the steering and suspension noises.

3. Knocking sound at the front end