Q: Started my car and it immediately went to full throttle

I adjusted my alternator belt to stop a squealing noise and when I went to restart my car it automatically went to Full Throttle and stuck there.any ideas?

Hey there. You need to check to make sure nothing is holding the gas pedal down. Also make sure that you did not cause the cable to hold open the throttle in any way in the engine compartment. If you are having trouble finding the problem, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the throttling problem to have this addressed. Have this looked at soon to avoid any engine damage.

3. Started my car and it immediately went to full throttle