Q: Shuttle and hard shifting

Description of Problem: I have an 2002 Dodge 2500 diesel automatic. The transmission was rebuilt 14k ago and now it is shuttle shifting between second and third. Sometimes it feels like short shifts where rpms barely move. The previous owner had an edge comp box in it when trans was built then took it out. It also has a 750 hp torque converter

It sounds like your transmission is having a problem with one of the inputs, which helps it determine when to shift. It could be a hydraulic problem, or a problem with one of the solenoids as well. Start by checking the transmission fluid level and condition, then scan the engine and transmission control modules for fault codes, to see if anything related comes up. Correct the fluid level or change the fluid if necessary. If any faults are found, they should be thoroughly diagnosed, and if no faults are found, then the issue could be hydraulic. If the issue is hydraulic, then there may be an existing warranty on the rebuilt transmission, in which case it would need to go there to be fixed.