Q: Car rough idles sputters and jumps rpm after changing ignition coil cap and rotor.

asked by on March 17, 2017

car rough idles sputters and jumps rpm after changing ignition coil cap and rotor, it ran perfect before hand had no issues what so ever. I have in the last year replaced the iac, tps , fuel pump ,injectors, recently both o sensors. but I wont rule out that one of the new parts may be bad also no check engine light what so ever

Ignition Cable (Spark plug wires) Replacement $108.29 - $457.90 Get a Quote

Check the spark plug wires on the distributor and on the engine. It seems that you have one or more wires crossed and the engine is firing on the wrong stoke causing the engine to run rough and make the rpm’s jump up and down. If you need further assistance with ignition system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.