Bought used 11 Nissan Sentra. VDC lite is coming on and t...

Q: Bought used 11 Nissan Sentra. VDC lite is coming on and the car is jumping repeatedly upon acceleration. Only hapns somtimes

asked by on August 24, 2017

Bought used 11 Nissan Sentra. VDC lite is suddenly coming on and the car is jumping repeatedly upon acceleration. Only happens somtimes. When that light comes on it will not go off unless you turn the car off. The jerking of the car is severe enough that you can't drive it while it's happening. But only happens when that light kicks on. Drove car for a full week before the first time it happened. Just had svc'd at valvoline. Also hooked up to computer at auto zone and they said the only thing they show is the mass flow air sensor. They sold me a cleaner if it doesn't work replacing the part is the next step. If there is no easy fix can and how would you pull the vdc and would that take care of the issue. Thanks for any advice you can offer

Hi Ashlea. The Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. When this light illuminates, there is an issue with the VDC system, and the system will turn off. You can still drive your vehicle, but you should be extremely careful in adverse weather conditions. If the VDC Warning Light is blinking, then the VDC or traction control system is currently being used; when you notice this alert, be careful with your driving, as the traction is near its limit. The mass air flow sensor failure would cause the jerking acceleration, but not be related to the VDC warning light. So, I would recommend having the mass air flow sensor replaced or have a professional mechanic come to your location to first complete a car is jerking inspection to verify the exact source of this symptom and recommend the right repairs.