Car always starts but sometimes won't stay running avalon...

Q: Car always starts but sometimes won't stay running

asked by on October 17, 2017

Car starts in the morning no problem, good rpm. If I drive it a short distance or forget something and turn it off, I'll start it and starter works but rpm is non existent, I have to rev it up to get proper rpm

The problem may be in the idle control circuit or throttle body sensors. You will need to have system scanned for codes that will point to the failed sensor or component or wiring in the engine computer. I recommend having the computer scanned and any codes diagnosed.