Q: intake manifold gasgit replacement

asked by on September 24, 2016

oil is leaking into the cooling system

Intake Manifold Gaskets Replacement $150.05 - $810.26 Get a Quote

If oil is leaking into your cooling system, it is very possible that you have an intake gasket leak. It is also possible that you could have a cylinder head gasket leak. If oil can also be seen from the outside of the intake manifold, I would recommend having the intake manifold gasket replaced by a qualified professional as this involves removing the engines push rods. If the push rods are not installed correctly, severe engine damage may result. If the intake manifold gasket is not leaking oil externally as well, I would recommend doing a liquid cylinder test which will change the color of a fluid that is attached to your radiator if there are signs of oil or fuel in your coolant. If the fluid changes color, you have a head gasket leak. If you find that you need help with the replacement of the intake manifold gasket a professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office and do this for you.