Q: How do you lock and unlock with the remote?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you lock and unlock with the remote?

Your two master keys do more than just let you manually open the door locks or the trunk, or turn the ignition. They also have remotes built into them. Here’s how to use them to lock or unlock your doors:

1. Close all the doors (with the key outside the car).

2. Press the lock button. You’ll see the lights flash.

3. Press the lock button twice within five seconds and the car will beep to tell you that the security system is active.

To unlock your doors:

1. Press the unlock button once to unlock the driver door

2. Press the unlock button twice to unlock all the doors

Tips

• Your doors will automatically relock if you don’t open one within 30 seconds of pressing unlock on the remote.

• The interior light should come on when you press the unlock button.

If a door is open, the lock function on the remote will not work.