Q: Plugged heater core

If i flush my heater core am i asking for more problems, like a leaking heater core

A: Hey there. The heater core may burst if you...

Hey there. The heater core may burst if you use too much pressure to try and purge the core of blockage. The core gets blocked from using the wrong fluid in the vehicle. The coolant will get all brown and clog the radiator and heater cores. You can try and flush out the excess but it still may not unplug the core. You can try and remove both lines to the core and run a hose through both directions. This may remove more of the blockage. If you need getting this taken care of, a qualified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the coolant leak and let you know what needs repair.