Q: What would cause my car to rev up and down and overheat immediately

asked by on November 30, 2017

My car started to rev up and down this morning but I have been having issues with my radiator, I have recently changed the thermostat cuz the car was overheating . it wad ok til yesterday it overheated within 5 miles and i had just put water in . i also replaced valve cover gaskets , exhaust manifold gaskets .

If your engine was overheated and continues to overheat even after fixing the radiator and thermostat then you may have blown a head gasket. You should have the system pressure tested to see if the head gasket is leaking to see if it needs to have engine repaired.