Q: Multiple sensor error codes

A couple weeks ago my truck went from driving fine to giving me multiple error codes and running like crap. Error codes, according to auto zone, include camshaft position sensor, mass airflow, and exhaust. Is it common for all of these sensors to go out at the same time? Or is it more likely that my electronics are grounding out improperly? (Truck runs mighty rough, cruise control doesn't work, and a/c doesn't work)

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. For a all of the problems to occur all at once and make the cruise control and A/C quit, too, this is likely going to be a wiring issue.

First check the condition of the battery and battery cables. If the battery is less than 12.4 volts charged, then some functions will not work. There is a ground wire to the fuse box that goes to the frame. Check to see if the wire is loose or has corrosion.

Check the fuses in the fuse box and make sure that all of the fuses are in good shape. Check the power wire from the battery to the fuse box and from the alternator to the fuse box for any looseness or corrosion.

If all of the wiring checks out and nothing is wrong, then it is possible that all of the issues have occurred at once. If you need further assistance diagnosing your electrical system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your vehicle.

3. Multiple sensor error codes