Q: Vehicle is squeaking upin start or when super cold

Vehicle is squeaking when I start it early in the morning, sometimes when turning or when it is super cold. Also when going at a constant speed of 40-50 mph and the brake is applied the vehicle shakes.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is likely having a couple of separate issues. The squealing when cold is typically caused by the belts being cold and brittle after sitting for a while in chilly conditions. You will want to make sure that the belt is in good condition, and that the tensioner is working correctly. With that being said, the shaking while stopping is likely due to your brakes wearing down. The brake pads and rotors will need to be inspected. The rotors are best inspected off of the vehicle where you can measure it for warping. Machine the rotors (have them resurfaced), or replace them if needed. For more help with the two issues, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.