Q: What brand of oil is recommended for my Chrysler 200?

asked by on September 15, 2016

What brand motor oil is recommended for my Chrysler 200

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

Hello. I can assist you with your Chrysler 200. For your specific year, make and model, Chrysler recommends that MOPAR® API Certified SAE 5W-20 engine oil meeting the requirements of Chrysler Group LLC Material Standard MS-6395 be used in your vehicle. If you buy this oil online or at the dealer just specify part no. 04761872PA if you want 1 quart and/or part no. 04761851PA for 5 quarts.

Your vehicle requires 4.5 quarts for an oil change so the 5 quart container is more sensible. Obviously, the filter has to be changed, too, and you should specify the recommended filter which is MOPAR® Engine Oil Filter part no. 4892339AA. If you desire to use other oil brands (Mobil 1, for instance) just check to see that it meets Material Standard MS-6395 as specified by Chrysler. This will be printed on the back of the oil container. If it is not so specified, not wise to use it. Should you need assistance with a professional oil change or other maintenance updates, YourMechanic is mobile and can perform the required work at your home or office.