Q: Q: Sqeaking in the rear

Hello my question is about the rear part of the car. So when I am driving down the road and get to a bump or a pothole the rear wheels make a squeaking noice when they hit the bump or pothole. I thought it was the shocks/ struts so I had them changed. But that wasn't it. Can you help?

Hi there. The problem you’re describing sounds awfully similar to an issue with the wheel bearings to me. The wheel bearings allow your free floating rear tires (on the Dodge Caliber) to ride without restriction. However, when you hear a squeak coming from the rear, and the struts and other support bushings have been replaced, it may be caused by a bad wheel bearing.

The best solution to your problem is to contact a local certified mechanic that will test drive your car themselves so they can properly diagnose the squeaking noise.

3. Q: Sqeaking in the rear