This was randomly happening. I would be driving and my ga...

This was randomly happening. I would be driving and my gas pedal when no longer accelerate my car. The engine check light would come on. then i could restart the car a few times and id be fine for a few minutes. then go back to th...

This was randomly happening. I would be driving and my gas pedal when no longer accelerate my car. The engine check light would come on. then i could restart the car a few times and id be fine for a few minutes. then go back to the same problem. now my car isn't stuck and won't accerlate at all now. I hear a clicking noise, when i press the pedal it goes away and my car begins to shake. my rpms don't go up Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink? Stay on Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2009 kia borrego Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Borrego yourself? What have you tried so far? I was able to get it to auto zone to get the codes scanned and it told me that i need to replace the accelerator pedal position sensor. which i did and it has solved the problem

Automotive Expert
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. My name is\*\*\*\*\* would be delighted to assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your vehicle today. The website will offer you a phone call. Feel free to accept or decline this service. It does not come directly from me. I cannot provide phone assistance outside the US. Please give me a few moments to go over your concerns. While I'm reviewing your case, would you mind sending me your VIN? This will allow me to give you the most accurate information possible based on your specific vehicle. Please know this is not an auto response message system. We are full time Automotive technicians, who field cases as they come in. If you do not receive a prompt response, this means we have stepped away momentarily or are working on your case as well as many others. Please be patient as we work through this. May I ask your name?

My name is\*\*\*\*\*#: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
Automotive Expert
Have you scanned for diagnostic faukt codes yet?

I have. Codes P0638, P2106, P1295
Automotive Expert
Usually its a failed Throttle body has the throttle body been replaced yet?

It has notI thought maybe the throttle position sensor possibly could be too or no?
Automotive Expert
Very possible Usually easier Just to get a complete throttle body if available

Does the throttle body include the throttle position sensor usually?
Automotive Expert
Generally Yes

Oh okay. Thank you so much for your help
Automotive Expert
You're Welcome!

I have another question about the throttle body. Is this something I can replace or is there a certain tool or timing that a mechanic would only know how to install?
Automotive Expert
plug and play basic tools