Q: What are the gaskets called that go between the transmission and the transfer case?

what are the gaskets called that go between the transmission and the transfer case

Hi there. Usually the gaskets between the transmission and the transfer case are known as the transfer case gasket or the transfer case adapter gasket. The gasket may be listed as the type of transfer case and then followed by the words adapter and gasket. Depending on what type of transfer case your vehicle has, you will take the number of the transfer case and the words adapter and gasket to the parts store. (Example: a GM 203 chain driven transfer case would be a 203 adapter gasket). If you need further assistance with determining the type of transfer case is in your vehice, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• What are the gaskets called that go between the transmission and the transfer case?