Starter location , 1998 Lincoln town Car no start v8-4.6l...

Q: Starter location , 1998 Lincoln town Car

asked by on May 13, 2017

Need location of the starter

Hello. If you raise the vehicle up, or get under it, you should be able to locate the starter from the bottom. If you look towards the back of the engine, the starter will connect to the flywheel under and behind the engine. You will have several bolts and two electrical connections to remove in order to take it out. Make sure you disconnect your battery before the swap, and align the new starter correctly with a shim if needed. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.