Q: Anti theft system light keeps disabling car. Know a way around it but its annoying. Will replacing the ignition switch fix this?

I have a 1997 Pontiac Grand Am V6. My anti theft system light keeps coming on preventing my car from starting. I know a way around it, but it's been happening more and more lately and it's becoming very annoying. Will replacing the ignition switch fix this or can something else be causing it?

A: Hello there, a few different items can caus...

Hello there, a few different items can cause the security system to disable to vehicle like this. The most common causes would be:

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnosis the no start and perform the repairs that are required.