Q: Anti theft system light keeps disabling car. Know a way around it but its annoying. Will replacing the ignition switch fix this?

I have a 1997 Pontiac Grand Am V6. My anti theft system light keeps coming on preventing my car from starting. I know a way around it, but it's been happening more and more lately and it's becoming very annoying. Will replacing the ignition switch fix this or can something else be causing it?

Hello there, a few different items can cause the security system to disable to vehicle like this. The most common causes would be:

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnosis the no start and perform the repairs that are required.

3. Anti theft system light keeps disabling car. Know a way around it but its annoying. Will replacing the ignition switch fix this?