Q: How do I know if my alternator fuse is blown on a 2003 Hyundai accent

asked by on February 12, 2018

Something popped under the hood, then smoke. Car battery light came on 2 day's later then died. Need to know how to tell if alternator fuse is blown

If a fuse is blown, there will often be a visual indication. If the fuse has a "viewing window", you will see a clear separation of the metal conducting component in the fuse housing. If there is no "viewing window" on the fuse, you can use an ohmmeter to see if the fuse has continuity. An intact fuse will have zero resistance across the fuse terminals. If a fuse is blown, that is often an indication of a fault in the circuit that is being protected. That means, of course, that merely replacing the fuse is often not sufficient to restore operation. In your circumstance, based on what you are describing, there are going to be quite a few electrical tests and checks to not only confirm the problem but also to ensure that nothing has been missed and all is restored. If you would like a certified mechanic to diagnose and resolve this issue, and get the car running, the recommended service to request is an electrical inspection. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.