Q: Van starts and then dies

The van will crank up but dies within seconds of being cranked.

There are several issues that can keep a vehicle from starting, such as mechanical issues like off timing, bent valves, lack of airflow in the intake system, lack of fuel pressure from a failing fuel pump, or possibly a lack of spark from a failing ignition coil. Also, large vacuum leaks can cause a vehicle not to start. A proper diagnostic can be done to figure out why your car starts then dies by a qualified technician in order to quickly find and fix the source of your concern.

3. Van starts and then dies