Q: Won't start

It has set up for 7 years I drained the tank changed the fuel filter and spark plugs and battery. The truck will crank when I put gas in the carburetor but only for a few seconds then cut off. Also the fuel pump is working.

A: Hello. If the engine will run when some fue...

Hello. If the engine will run when some fuel is poured into the throttle body then that means that fuel is not coming out of the injectors. If the fuel pressure is not high enough then this will occur. I always check the pressure first. If it is low then I replace the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is fine then I remove the ignition control module from the distributor and have it tested. If it is not functioning properly then it will not tell the computer to pulse the injectors. This is the most likely issue. If that is fine then further testing of the electrical system needs to be done to see if there is an issue with the power supply or the computer. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your non-starting vehicle.