Q: Why does my 2006 Ford Fusion stall.

asked by on February 06, 2017

06 Fusion 3.0 stalls after turning it on. Fuel pressure at 60psi koeo and close to 70psi at idle. Cleaned the throttle and it runs better but someimes stalls after a couple of min of starting. No codes

Hi there. Your Fusion can be stalling for any number of reasons. If the fuel system is producing as much pressure as you are stating then the fuel system should be fine. It sounds like you may have an issue with the crank position sensor or it may be an issue with the idle control valve. If the engine stalls only at idle or low speeds then I would suspect the idle control valve. If it stalls at all speeds then it may be the crank sensor or one of the main relays. I usually check the inputs from the sensors when the engine starts to stall to see where the issue is. If you need to have this checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine is stalling] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection