Q: Car continues to run after taking the key out of ignition

My car has been acting really weird lately. It will continue running after I turn it off and take the key out of the ignition. After I release the clutch suddenly or dumping the clutch to stall the engine will still keeps running. Do you know what’s causing this and how I can stop it?

If the rest of the vehicle is staying powered up as well (radio, lights, etc.), then there may be a problem with the ignition switch. Otherwise, there may be a shorted circuit allowing the fuel pump and ignition system to stay powered up and keep the engine running. In order to have the problem diagnosed, I would have a certified mobile technician determine why the car is continuing to run with the key out so that this issue can be addressed promptly.

3. Car continues to run after taking the key out of ignition