Q: Difference between egr valve and egr valve pressure sensor

Difference between egr valve and egr valve pressure sensor?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation valve) takes exhaust emissions and recirculates it back into the air intake as to lower toxic emission levels. The EGR valve itself is pressure regulated, and needs some form of sensor to be able to send the right amount of exhaust back through the engine. The pressure sensor you are referring to is the component on some vehicles that performs this function.

3. Difference between egr valve and egr valve pressure sensor