Q: Heater not working

asked by on March 21, 2016

The heater in my car doesn't work. The fan is always blowing cold air.

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Your vehicle has a control valve in the heater hoses the either blocks or allows the hot coolant to flow into the heating system. This control valve is operated by engine vacuum via several solenoids that are controlled by the air conditioning control head. These can be tricky to diagnose so I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic. They will be able to pinpoint exactly what is causing your heat not to work correctly.