Can I replace oil pressure sensor on my 2012 Dodge Charge...

Q: Can I replace oil pressure sensor on my 2012 Dodge Charger 3.6 v-6. Bought part but it s this something I can do? Thank you

asked by on July 12, 2017

The oil pressure sensor is making engine light on. Need to pass emissions. Bought new sensor so is this an easy fix I can do myself w little trouble?

Most oil pressure sensors are located near the oil filter. I believe that the oil filter is easily accessible on this engine. Search near the oil filter to find the switch. Once the switch is located, unplug the switch and use a socket to remove the switch from the engine block. The installation should be reverse of removal. If you are in doubt about this repair, consider YourMechanic as oil pressure sensors can be replaced at your home or office by a certified professional.