Q: What safety precautions should be followed when driving?

What safety precautions should be followed when driving?

Your car is equipped with a quite a few different safety features, but in order to stay safe on the road and protect both yourself and your passengers, there are a few safety precautions you’ll need to follow. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Seat Belts: Always wear your seat belt and ensure that your passengers are as well. Make sure the belts are worn properly.

2. Children: All children should be seated and secured correctly. If they’re under 13, Honda recommends they sit in the back. If they need a car seat or booster seat, make sure they have one and it’s used correctly.

3. Air Bags: Pay attention to the air bag warning stickers in your car (sun visors) and follow the instructions for safety.

4. Pay Attention: Avoid distracted driving (texting, using your cell phone, etc.).

5. Speed: Pay attention to the posted speed limit and don’t exceed it.

6. Maintenance: Keeping your Civic maintained will help ensure better safety on the road at all times.