Q: 2004 suzuki xl7 made screeching noise while driving that got louder when i accelerated. Then car started idling and died?

asked by on May 25, 2017

Car started making loud screeching noise that would stop when I fully braked but got louder as I acceletated. Continued all day and on my way home started idling and slowing down. Abs brake lights and check engine lights came on but speedometer lights were dim. Car got slower and slower, I pulled over and it just stopped. The steering wheel got really stiff and I could barely turn it.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The problem sounds like you either have worn bearings or brakes. This will cause loss of power and noise would stop when vehicle is not moving. Have the front brakes and bearings checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to see what one was a cause of noise and loss of power.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr