Q: I had a warning message in my 2013 Ford Fusion that the power steering assist failed. I have power steering capability now. Is it safe to drive?

I had a warning message in 2013 Ford Fusion that the power steering assist failed. I had no power steering. I went back out to my car about 30 minutes later and I had power steering. Is it safe to drive until I can get it to the dealer?

Some 2013 Ford Fusion models are part of a safety recall involving loss of steering assist. Contact your dealer with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or check your VIN number on safercar.gov to verify if this recall applies to your vehicle. Loss of steering assist can be dangerous if you are caught off guard. It would be best to not drive the vehicle. Contact your dealer to have it towed to their location.

3. I had a warning message in my 2013 Ford Fusion that the power steering assist failed. I have power steering capability now. Is it safe to drive?