Q: Changed ignition switch, but trailblazer still won't start.

My 2002 Trailblazer wouldn't start when you turn the key, it wouldn't make a sound, and the power came on. So, I change the ignition switch but it still won't start. It's still doing the same thing when I turn the key there's no sound no clicks the power does come on but it just won't turn over. We looked under the hood to see if there was corrosion anywhere around the cables and the battery terminal, but there is no corrosion. What else could it be?

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The first thing that pops in my mind would be that the ignition relay is damaged, based on your description of what’s going on. However, it is possible that the starter relay is damaged, or you have a loose ground wire that is causing this problem. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection first, so they can determine what’s causing this issue and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr