Q: My service engine soon light is on. I hear like a rattling noise when engine is running sometimes. The power doesn't feel the same

I drive my car fora living so I'm concerned that it will break down on me.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you are referring to the check engine light on your vehicle occasionally the cause of it illuminating is the gas cap is loose. If the rubber seal on the gas cap is intact and the cap is tight, all other causes of the light illuminating would have to be evaluated in a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM. Using those codes the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you schedule the recommended diagnostic, the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you.