Q: Check engine light is on and obdII said O2 sensor. 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500

I checked my check engine light with an OBDII and said it was htr bank 2. I went to store and was told to replace two of the sensors. I replace one before and one after the catalytic converter. I cleared the code again. I drove it 15 miles and the check engine light came back on. I don't know what else to do?

Hi there - some problem codes require a certain number of "drive cycles" before the ECU will turn off a Check Engine problem code, O2 sensors often being one of them. If your truck is running well, ignore the light for a few days, and make sure to drive it to a thoroughly hot condition if at all possible each time. This ensures that engine management is going into "closed loop" mode, where the O2 sensor is an active participant in the fuel mixture process. If the problem continues, I would recommend an engine emissions system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Check engine light is on and obdII said O2 sensor. 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500