Q: Shaking, not knocking

I bought this car yesterday and it has started shaking or having vibrations. it does it all the time not just when in parked or a certain gear it wont start shaking unless speed gets over 20 going forward. In reverse it is a non stop shaking. in park it also shakes.

If the car is shaking even while in park this suggests that it is related to the engine running poorly and not anything related to the drive train. Depending on the severity of the shaking this may be related to any number of sensors not functioning properly which can cause the car to run rough.

If the shaking is extreme, this may even be related to a broken or loose motor mount which would cause a bit more of a violent shaking at all times when the engine is running whether in park or while driving, but would get worse as the speed increases since the engine will be working harder causing more vibration.

If you’d like to get this fixed, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the shaking you’re experiencing and help you repair it as necessary.

3. Shaking, not knocking