Q: Q: Car stalls after overheating.

My car overheats and stalls. It runs after it has a chance to cool off. I also think I am having a problem with my fuel pump.

Hi there. Your engine can overheat for any number of reasons. If it is overheating only in stop and go driving and not on the highway then you may have a radiator issue or a cooling fan problem. If it overheats all of the time to the point that the engine stalls then it may be more serious such as a leaking head gasket. A certified mechanic would perform a block test for to make sure that there is not a head gasket issue. If the block test turns out fine then they would check the flow of the coolant and perform a pressure test of the cooling system. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the tool and the knowledge to diagnose this. As for the fuel pump, I would need more information to be able to help you with that. Typically if the fuel pump is failing you may have trouble starting the car or may have a loss of power. You should enlist the help of a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the experience to do these tests.

3. Q: Car stalls after overheating.