Q: The car is leaking oil but no check engine light or overheating. But the oil burning off exhaust? What could be wrong?

The car cranks right up and drives smoothly. The oil burns off the exhaust and the cause of that it's smokes but not heavy white smoke. What could be causing the oil to leak on the exhaust?

Hi there. The most common cause of this type of oil leak is a valve cover gasket that has worn out. With nearly 20 years of operation on your Nissan Maxima, it’s quite possible that the valve cover gasket has pushed out and is leaking slowly on the exhaust manifold. This is a rather easy repair to complete on your car, but it might be best to have one of our professional mechanics come to your location and complete an oil leaking inspection. This will verify where the leak is coming from so that the right repairs can be completed the first time.

3. The car is leaking oil but no check engine light or overheating. But the oil burning off exhaust? What could be wrong?