Q: Accidentally hit key fob and ignition went off

asked by on August 19, 2016

I was entering a curve in the road and my hand accidentally hit the key fob. The ignition suddenly went off. I immediately and quickly stopped the car and shifted into Park. Then I proceeded to restart the engine. Both the check engine and airbag service lights came on and remained on. After taking my car to an auto shop, they replaced the ignition. However, the warning lights are still on. What needs to be done to get these warning lights to turn off?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The vehicles computer must be scanned to see which trouble codes have come up then an experienced technician, like one from YourMechanic, must diagnose the actual problem in this case. The codes present may not have seemed to have anything to do with the switch per the previous repair shop so they didn’t dig into it. That’s my guess as to what happened.