Q: My 1999 ford wind star came with a locked glovebox with no key. How do I get into the glovebox without damaging it?

I have tried to use my ignition key, tried to pick the lock, and I still can't get into the glove box. I bought it off of a family friend that said she lost the key to the glove box when she was my age, and I would like to get into the glovebox without damaging it. How would I do this without a key?

Hello, thank you for writing in. If preventing damage, you have two different options. One is to order a new key from the dealership. The other is to have a professional locksmith pick the lock. These locks are simple enough they can be opened by a professional lock pick, and it is done without damaging it. From there if you wanted the ability to lock the glove box, then you would have to get another key made anyway.

3. My 1999 ford wind star came with a locked glovebox with no key. How do I get into the glovebox without damaging it?