Q: Car shaking and hard to get up to speed.

My car is shifting weirdly, takes a lot of revving to get it moving, and it shakes when at a standstill. I got a code P0353, which is a malfunction in cylinder C. I replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs, and it is still doing the same thing. I need my problem diagnosed as I clearly can't rely just on the code reader.

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Code P0353 is a misfire code for cylinder 3 and replacement of the plug and coil means that the problem is unlikely an ignition system component. Cylinder misfires can caused by several things, ignition system components (spark plugs and coils), fuel injectors, poor fuel quality (contamination), an incorrect amount of air entering the cylinder (vacuum leak), or a failed engine computer. Current faults could be read out to see if additional misfires have been detected, the intake system could be smoke checked for possible vacuum leaks. My recommendation is to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one on YourMechanic, to read out fault and eliminate possible causes of low power and misfire concerns.