Q: vehicle will turn over but not start.

If anyone could help me that would be great! My 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser V6 won't start and then will start. I can drive it around for 2-3 months just fine and then suddenly at some random point it just won't start. The engine will turn over without struggle but that's it. I just replaced the starter - thinking that was the issue - and after a mechanic shop installed the new starter the FJ started right up. I turned it off and on 3 times at the shop with no issues, then left there and stopped by a store for maybe 10 minutes, tried to start it and it took about three seconds while the engine was turning over before it started. I just came home, turned it off and on 3 times with no issues. Waited five minutes and now it won't start. Same exact issue - engine turning over but will not start. I have over a quarter tank of gas and a full battery.

A: You should have the throttle body checked f...

You should have the throttle body checked for carbon deposits on the throttle plates and have it cleaned with a cleaner-soaked clean rag. Do not spray cleaning fluid directly in the throttle or fluid may contaminate the throttle plate motor or sensor. After cleaning the plates and warming the engine, then let it idle for at least 3 minutes with no accessories on and not touching the throttle. If you still need help, get in touch with a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose your starting issue and assist with repair.