Q: Why is my car not moving when in drive

asked by on November 03, 2016

I was driving the car started to vibrate heavily then I cut the car off I cut the car back on it drove a little vibrating again it stop AN wouldn't go any further

This may be likely due to low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. The transmission control module helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears.

The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function.

Other components controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your car.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your car’s loss of acceleration firsthand. Best of luck.