Q: P0755 & P0700 error codes

Car has never had transmission problems but is in 2nd gear limp mode after hitting brakes in rush hour traffic. 2 days before I replaced 2 tires on car. Used tires no balancing. Several months ago I had a fuse blow under hood in the power distribution center. I frequently replaced the 20 amp yellow fuse in cavity 8 to start the car. That is recent history. I am not willing to replace/rebuild transmission. I will trade In if so. What is the most likely fix and cost of that fix in this scenario? Or is it new car time? Thanks!

The problem with buying used tires and not having them balanced is the potential problems they can cause.

Most transmissions - or more specifically, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) which controls the transmission and drive line - contain incredibly tight tolerance standards in regards to wheel speed, which, when combined with engine RPM, controls shift points. If two tires are not equally-sized (and this could be as minimal as 1/4" of total circumference), it could trigger the 2nd gear limp mode, along with the P0700 generic trouble code.

There are two things you should do before thinking about selling your vehicle:

1. Verify that the two used tires you bought are of the same manufacturer and style, and have tread depth readings within 2/32nd’s of each other on the front axle.
  2. Have a qualified mechanic inspect the issues you’re having with the blown fuse; an electrical short could be triggering many of these warning lights.

3. P0755 & P0700 error codes