Q: My coolant ran out when the vehicle sat for 2 years and I am scared to start it.

My coolant ran out and i got it fixrd for 2000 dollars.. 3 month later it ran out and it cracked.. Im scared to start it.. What do i do??

Hi there. Look in the engine compartment and locate the item that cracked to cause the coolant to leak out. If the radiator cracked, then replace the radiator, fill up the cooling system with water, and look for leaks. If there are no leaks, then drain out the water and fill up the cooling system with new coolant. If the engine cracked, then you will need to replace the engine, or engine parts. If you need further assistance with the leaking coolant when vehicle sat, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• My coolant ran out when the vehicle sat for 2 years and I am scared to start it.