Q: car shakes when AC is on,or when I get to red light it will start shaking even if the AC is not on. Its a Acura tsx 2006 159mi

asked by on August 14, 2017

The thing is that whenever I get to a red light the car starts shaking a lot, it shakes more when I turn on the AC or when backing up, i don't if there's something wrong with the sterring wheel or the ac, bc I just got my brakes replaced, sometimes in the morning I feel like it shakes more bc its makes more noise like you can feel all the door panels shaking.

Assuming there is no serious mechanical problem, such as uneven cylinder compression, you have either an engine management fault, that is a deficiency in the ignition, fuel or air induction systems, or possibly faulty motor mounts. To check for engine-mount problems, you can try shifting from "neutral" to "drive" and back, while the engine is running. If the vibrations disappear or reduce dramatically in "neutral," it’s likely that you need new engine mounts. Whenever there is excessive engine vibration, mechanics first rule out engine operating conditions. For example, rough running at idle can be caused by faults in the air induction system as well as the ignition and fuel systems. If you want the running condition of the engine evaluated by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a rough idle diagnostic. To evaluate the motor mounts, request an engine vibration diagnostic. Regardless of which of the two services you request, the underlying fault (root cause) of the issue you are writing in about will be identified for you, along with a recommended repair strategy and cost. If you do end up replacing motor mounts, genuine OEM mounts are highly recommended in order to maximize the chances of resolving the problem. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.