Q: Slip indicator light flashing on and brakes lock up while driving what's wrong

Slip indicator flashing on brakes lock up while driving down the road what wrong

A: Hello. From what you describe, it would app...

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may be experiencing some sort of issue with the traction control or ABS system. These systems are designed to detect tire slip, and activate the ABS system to help safely slow the vehicle. In some instances, there can be problems with the system that will cause it to malfunction and engage the ABS system even when the brakes are not being applied. This is usually due to issues with a sensor or computer / module. I would recommend retrieving the trouble codes with a scan tool to see if they may shed some light on the issue. If you need help having this professionally addressed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the warning light and brake system to guide you with repairs.