Q: Bad sounding engine noise, something is loose

Whenever I have my 2007 Nissan Sentra in park, the engine makes a loose, rattling noise. I've had vehicles with knocking engines before and this was not a knock. It sounds like a motor mount or something attached to the engine rattling and sounds like the car is broken. It only has 36,000 miles, so I doubt it is in any danger mechanically, but the sound is annoying! Is this an urgent issue that needs attention?

The rattle is most likely coming from a faulty motor mount on the passenger side. The motor mount allows the engine to vibrate and hit metal to metal. Your vehicle should be put up on a lift while in park, and the rattle inspected. Replace the motor mount if needed. Check all other mounts as well and replace if needed.

3. Bad sounding engine noise, something is loose