Q: My dome light doesn't work - how can I diagnose/replace?

asked by on September 12, 2016

I'm very competent with electronics (though soldering might be out of my wheelhouse). How can I cheaply diagnose and fix it?

Dome Light Bulb Replacement $84.64 - $230.23 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for asking about your 2005 Nissan Altima. The body control module controls turning on the lights and supplies power to the lights’ power saver mode. The body control module would need to be scanned and seek data to see if switches are working and the body control module is powering the circuit. If the body control module is working but the dome light bulb is out, you can have it replaced by a certified technician from YourMechanic.